Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Adventures beyond New Mexico

Because my internet connection has been so slow, I quit posting on my blog.  My last posts were made when we were staying at our son's place in the Bryce Woodland Estates.  At that time I had featured two lakes that I had kayaked, Navajo and Tropic Resevoir.
This post will feature Panquitch Lake.  It is located about 27 miles southwest of the town of Panquitch, Utah. Below is one of several pictures taken when my son, grandson, and  grandson-in-law took an outing to the lake.
We loaded our kayaks and headed for the lake. My intention was to just kayak the lake, but my son and grandsons were intent on fishing.  My grandson discovered he did not have a valid fishing license, so he and I took turns in my kayak while his father fished from his kayak.  Justin, the other lad, fished from the shore.

This is Ben paddling to a different location.  The kayak is one that I built while in graduate school.  It has been across the United States and back, and has been re-covered three times.  It is about 55 years old.  Quite durable.

Joshua was taking a turn in my kayak.  The water was a little too choppy for fly fishing.  The lake is rather small.  It only takes a few minutes to cross from one end to the other.


At the far south west end of the lake there are some nice summer homes and a boat dock.

The next blog post will feature pictures of Bryce Canyon National Park.


































































No comments:

Post a Comment